- Nominees must represent the Exclusive Men of the Year values of diversity, respect, and integrity, for the community, and other people.
- The only award based on age is the 40 and under Award for Young Achiever of the Year. All other awards are not based on age.
- No nominee may be a current member of the EMY staff or event committee.
- Nominees must be recognised for achievements and contributions made within Ghana and Africa.
- Nominees must be aware of the nomination and give consent for the nomination and public relations involved with the event, including photo, biography, media exposure, and sponsor recognition.
- Completed nomination with required information must be received before the nomination deadline.